Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting dirt and age variations, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll look at painting some dirt and wear variations on my tool sheet. …In some games we may need lots of things around--tools, props, and so forth--and the ability …to take a tool sheet like this, map a lot of different parts to it, and add some variations …in dirt and wear, and lay them over is important. …One of the things I can do is to take a different image into Unity as a decal and lay it over a diffuse map. …If it's planned carefully, we can swap in and out a decal on different tools, in case we're …seeing a whole rack of them, for example.…
What I'll do is to roll up my group. I've got my latest PSD open, and I'm going to put …a new layer over the top here. I'll call this new layer Dirt. …On this dirt layer I'm going to add in more rust. I'll press I for eyedropper, …eyedroppering my existing rust color and picking a good bright one. I can always go into that …color picker and go a little bit brighter with it in that Brightness tab. …Now I'm going to paint in here, and I'll start to add in on this dirt layer a little bit of extra rust. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.