With my bump in place, I'm ready to start on the color. …It's really up to you which one you're going to paint first: color or bump, or even specular. …I started with the bump because there are things I need there, such as the ribs, trim, …and vents, that having the bump in makes it easy to select the color. …Ultimately, if there are colors you need in there to be able to select and make the bump …from them, go ahead and do it that way. …As long as you end up with both, it's really not a big deal. …What I'll do now is to look at the reference and see how to paint this and what layers …I'm going to need.…
I'll go into the gas station reference I've got, and there's that pump. I'll zoom in. …And it looks like I need a couple of things to start. …This pump at one time was hopefully a nice-looking red. …It was red on the sides and the top, with a white front, but a red panel right in the …middle, so I need to make sure I establish those parts in separate layers so that I can …scratch and degrade them correctly. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.