Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting cache weights, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
To finish our chapter on integration with animation, we'll look at painting cache…weights. This is a really interesting idea.…We can have more than one cache per object, and we can paint where we want a…particular cache to have effect.…In this scene, I've got a scarf that's got two caches on it already. Just…carried that over from the previous exercise. There's a cache that has wind, and…a cache that has no wind.…If I select it, and go to the Attribute Editor, Control+A, we can look through these…tabs here, and here it is: cacheBlend1.…
And you'll see they're both up at full strength, with no keyframes on them. And I…know that, of course, because these fields are in white, indicating there is no…incoming connection.…Now we want to open up this tool in the nCache menu, Paint Cache Weights Tool,…and we need to go into the Option box to get those tool options up.…So we've got our caches listed up here. We've got WindCache1, and noWindCache1.…Currently, they both have full influence, and I know that because they're both…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.