Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting the base coat and the logo, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video, I'll look at painting in the red and white on that gas pump, and…then adding in some of the general other colors.…What I'll do to start out is get the white overlay on the front panel here.…By the way, I've unwrapped it.…I've already got the border of that white paint in cleanly, and I've even got…polygons right here to be able to put the red in nicely.…I've made my layers as part my planning process.…If you're tired of working on the side, you can always grab the Layers…palette and drag it over.…I've also gone into the Layers palette and under Panel Options, made the…Thumbnail Size large.…
Now I'll scroll down and pick the white panel.…Then I'll take this Layers palette and dock it back over here again.…I'll use my marquee, pressing M and selecting a large region right over the…front panel of the gas pump, overlapping by just a touch in case there's any texture spilling.…I'll eyedropper my white color for my gas station.…Here's the reference image.…When I eyedropper this, what we think is white here in the picture, when I…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.