Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of importing into Unity, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this chapter, I'll look at getting objects into Unity and how we need to export and break…things up a little bit.…We'll often work in Maya scenes that have many objects, but we may need to export them separately.…I've got my textures ready for all the different props I've modeled, and…I've got my gas station.…What I will do now is look at the export procedures again, and make sure I've…got all the images coming into the right place.…What I've done is to set up 09_01_start, and that's the gas station from that course.…It's ready for lights, ground, and the props.…
I've got the materials all set, and I'll look at ways to optimize and clone around a little bit.…Unity has a project structure somewhat like Maya, what we're seeing here is in…this Project window, and I'll pull it up to show it better, that I've got…original folders Materials, Standard Assets, Standard Assets (Mobile).…I've also made folders called Textures and Scenes.…It's very likely that we may end up with multiple scenes, many different…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.