In this video I'll look at the pipeline for a high poly to low poly bake or projection.…Right now, we can see I've got a normal map, actually a comparison of bump,…normal, and straight color on my table.…It looks really good in the boards, especially here with the normal map…where it's nice and soft.…However, the edges of the boards are still very crisp, and it's a little…disturbing that when we spin around this we can see that the top has a lot of…detail, but the boards are perfect, even though I've disturbed them slightly by…putting in some cracks.…
One of the things I can do is to look at a high poly model, taking the…original low poly based on a good edge flow, separating out the unwrap and…then modeling high poly elements.…Projecting them here in Maya and using the normal map to disturb the corners. To start,…I'm going to separate out some of the unwraps here.…One of the things we need to consider is if we're baking, do we have unique…unwraps or are we stacking.…I'll pick my table elements and hide the chairs temporarily and see how these layout.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.