Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of Mudbox, part of Game Prop Creation in Maya.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this chapter I'll look at incorporating Autodesk Mudbox in the pipeline.…Mudbox is a purpose-built digital sculpting application.…The neat part is that it's very, very integrated.…We've got send to buttons in 3ds Max, Maya, and Mudbox to go to the other applications.…The idea behind Mudbox is we're going to bring in an object, or start native…here, and sculpt it subdividing it to a very, very high poly count and then…baking out normals.…We can also paint, and we can sculpt and paint in a mixed flow.…
Then we can take this back out as imagery, baking out our normals and our…color maps as we need.…I'll give a quick example starting out with a Basic Head.…The user navigation is like Maya, Alt and the left mouse to tumble, Alt and the…right mouse to dolly, Alt and the Mouse Wheel to pan.…The idea is I'm going to subdivide the mesh.…I'll press W for wireframe and show the basic head, and then I'll press Shift+D,…which is also found under Mesh and Subdivision adding new levels.…
I'll add in a few, we can see up here in the poly count I am up to 128,000 on…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
Creating Urban Game Environments in 3ds Maxwith Adam Crespi5h 54m Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.