Understand and become familiar with the various ways to render images in Maya 2019. In this video, George gives a tour of the various renderers available for Maya 2019, including the Maya software renderer, the new Arnold renderer, as well as Mental Ray. He discusses the differences between these rendering engines.
- [Instructor] Once we have our objects modeled,…we need to add color and texture to them.…We can do that by creating materials and shaders.…Now, before I get into materials and shaders,…I do want to talk just a little bit about rendering.…Now, Maya has a number of renderers available to it.…If we go into the Render Settings window here,…or we can go into Windows,…Rendering Editors, Render Settings,…we'll see that we have a pull-down here…that says Render Using.…
Now, Maya has, by default,…a number of renderers that are available.…One is the Maya Software renderer,…which is just a nice basic renderer.…We also have Maya Hardware and Vector.…And then we also have the Arnold Renderer,…which is a full-featured photorealistic renderer,…and that's probably the one that you will most want to use.…Now, if you have other renderers installed,…they may also show up on this menu.…Now, I'm going to keep this at Maya Software for now…just to show you some of the basics.…
Now, when we render, we have a Common menu here,…and this is common for all renderers.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.