Become familiar with the various ways to render images in Maya 2018. In this video, George gives a tour of the various renderers available for Maya 2018, including the Maya Software renderer, the new Arnold renderer, and the Mental Ray. He discusses the differences between these rendering engines.
- [Narrator] Once we have our objects modeled,…we need to add color and texture to them.…We can do that by creating materials and shaders.…Now before I get into materials and shaders,…I do want to talk just a little bit about rendering.…Now Maya has a number of renderers available to it.…If we go into the Render Settings window here,…or we can go into Windows,…Rendering Editors, Render Settings,…we'll see that we have a pull down here…that says Render Using.…
Now, Maya has by default…a number of renderers that are available.…One is the Maya Software renderer…which is just a nice basic renderer.…We also have Maya Hardware and Vector.…And then we also have the Arnold Renderer,…which is a full feature photo realistic renderer,…and that's probably the one…that you will most want to use.…Now if you have other renderers installed…they may also show up on this menu.…We're going to keep this at Maya software for now…just to show you some of the basics.…
Now when we render,…we have a common menu here.…And this is common for all renderers,…
First explore the basics of the Maya interface, including selecting and manipulating objects, organizing scenes, and customizing the interface. Next, learn about polygonal modeling, creating and refining meshes, sculpting, and working with NURBS surfaces. Once you understand modeling, discover how to create and apply materials—adding color, texture, and reflectivity to your creations. Then integrate cameras, lighting, and effects into the rendering process, and leverage the new Arnold for Maya renderer. Last but not least, instructor show how to add movement and life to your work with Maya's animation tools.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.