This video introduces the concept of overrides for collections within Maya’s Render Setup window. Overrides allow artists and technicians to add and adjust individual attributes for a collection of objects. By overriding these attributes, the scene can be modified on a layer by layer basis, allowing for each layer to be rendered differently
- In addition to lighting attributes,…we can also change any other type of attribute…using Render Setup.…So let's take a look at how to do that.…Now I have a scene here,…and I only have two layers set up here,…so let's go ahead and open up Render Setup…and take a look at this.…I'm going to go ahead and hop out to a fore view…so that we can see this.…So I have my default layer and my layer B.…So, when I open up layer B, you'll see that…it's got a couple of collections.…
It has a collection for the lights,…for the geometry,…and then another one for the barrels.…So let's go ahead and use this barrels collection…to move things around.…Now, when you select a collection,…you'll get this Property Editor…and this has all the filters and the various ways…of adding objects to that collection,…but down here at the bottom,…we have what's called an override.…So this override can be either absolute or relative.…
And what we have to do is just drag in any attribute we want…and we can override that attribute.…So let's take a look at how to change these barrels.…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.