Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Normal map creation in Mudbox and Maya, part of Maya: Advanced Modeling.
- [Male Instructor] Now we need to transfer…all that high resolution detailing that we had…in our digital sculpt…onto our final topology for our Maya project.…So, the first thing we have to do is add UVs.…Now this course is not dedicated to going over UVs,…so we're going to do this in a really fast way.…This might not be the most correct way to do it…in a production pipeline,…but for us to be able to see these details,…we do need those UVs.…So I am going to select our object, go to UVs,…and I'm just going to open the UV editor and just show you,…there are no UVs on this object whatsoever.…
Next, I'm going to go back to UV,…and we're going to choose Automatic.…We'll reset the settings in the Automatic Mapping Options,…and really, the only thing I need to do,…is optimize for less distortion.…We're not going to really manipulate the UVs beyond this.…Mudbox will actually do a really good job of efficiently…transferring that detail to these UVs,…so we don't need to go much further than this…for this particular course.…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.