In this video, George shows Maya artists and technical directors how to build up a MASH network by adding nodes. He creates a basic network, then adds nodes for random translation and random rotation. He then shows how to manipulate the attributes of these nodes to create unique and interesting animations and effects.
- [Voiceover] Now let's dive a little bit deeper into MASH…and take a look at how to create more complex networks.…Now again, we're just gonna start with a simple cube…and I'm going to go into Create, MASH…and I want to create a MASH network…and again I'm gonna use the instancer.…So by default, it usually gives us about 10 of these.…So I'm going to go into MASH1_Distribute…and let's go ahead and bring this up just a little bit…to about 12 and then I'm gonna increase the distance…just a little bit to about 25 or so.…
Now if we go over to this MASH tab here,…you'll see we have a lot of different nodes…and I can't really go through all of the nodes,…but just let's take a look at some of them.…Probably one of my favorites is the trigonometry function…and if we apply that to position…you'll see that well it's kind of not really doing much.…Well, let's go ahead and just restrict it…to one axis of motion.…So right now it's got an amplitude of five on X, Y, and Z.…I'm gonna go ahead and zero it out for X and Z…and now we'll see a little bit more motion here,…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.