Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Animating Cartoon Characters in Maya.
- Well, that just about does it…for animating cartoon characters in Maya.…I hope this course gave you some insight…into the animation process…and how to create cartoon characters.…Now go ahead and practice with this rig,…or your own rig, and create your own scenes…and your own animations.…So for lynda.com, this is George Maestri.…See you next time.…
- Working out the walk timing
- Blocking out footsteps
- Animating the character's walk
- Animating a jump, including the landing and follow-through
- Blocking out and timing poses
- Creating facial expressions
- Animating a quick exit
- Adding lights
- Rendering in Maya
Skill Level Intermediate
Rigging a Cartoon Character in Mayawith George Maestri2h 34m Intermediate
1. Animating a Cartoon Walk
2. Straight Ahead: Creating a Jump
3. Pose to Pose: Animating Changes in Mood
4. Animating a Zip Out
5. Finalizing and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.