Join Jason Baskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Facial Rigging in Maya.
…Hey everyone, thanks for watching.…I love sharing rigging tips and tricks and I hope…you enjoyed this course as much as I enjoyed creating it.…If you want to take your skills further, I'd…like to recommend a few other courses on lynda.com.…The first is Fundamentals of Character Animation with George Mastry.…In this course, George covers the process of laying down key…frames, working with character walk cycles,…dialogue, and just basic character movement.…It's a great introduction to character animators and it's certainly good for any…rigger to understand how their rigs are going to be used in animation production.…
Next is Vehicle Rigging in Maya with Adam Crespi.…In this course, Adam rigs an entire car using some of the tools…that we've covered in this course, and also gets into some scripting techniques.…And finally, Sculpting and Painting a Head in Cinema 4D, with Christopher Broeska.…This is a great course for organic modelers who are…interested in knowing more about edge flow in a character's face.…
- Understanding morph targets
- Using Soft Select, Artisan Sculpt tools, and symmetry options
- Splitting symmetrical shapes into asymmetrical pairs
- Connecting eye rotation to the GUI
- Working with eyelids, using blend shapes or fan joints
- Creating a basic UI control
- Connecting controls
- Orienting joints and creating a support structure
- Attaching joints to the support structure
- Binding joints to the final mesh
- Balancing shape fidelity with rig density and usability
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya Essentials 5: Animation Toolswith George Maestri1h 20m Beginner
1. The Blend Shape Approach
2. Rigging Eyes and Eyelids
3. Building and Connecting Controls
4. Joint-Based Approach
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.