Maya has a lot of new ways to use cameras in viewports with this release. Lock Camera allows you to lock a Maya camera so that it remains stable. View Along Axis places the camera along a chosen X, Y< or Z axis. Frame Selection and Frame Selection with Children allow you to place the camera so that the selected objects fill the frame.
- We spend most of our time in Maya using viewports,…and there have been a few additions to viewports…in this version of Maya.…So, how about the easiest way to find them…is to just go through the menus,…and if we go into View,…you'll see we have a bunch of view options…for our viewports.…Probably one of the more important ones is view along axis.…Now what this will do is take your camera…and align it to one of the major axes,…so if I want to align it to the x-axis,…it will snap to the x-axis,…and if I want, I can move it off of there.…
So this is a very quick way to move a camera,…to align it with an axis,…and we can align that camera to not only x, y, and z,…but negative x, y, and z.…And then we can center the view of selection,…so if I have this object selected,…we'll go ahead and center that in my view.…Another one is just a frame selection.…So if I select my robot body there,…I can frame that selection,…but another nice one is frame selection with children.…
Now watch what happens here.…It actually zooms out to include those objects…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.