Understand how to navigate through a 3D scene from within in Maya 2019. This video teaches the basics of 3D navigation in Maya using a three-button mouse. In this video, the user learns and understands how to use a three button mouse to roll, pan, truck, dolly, and zoom within a 3D viewport in Maya.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look…at how to navigate in Maya.…Navigation in Maya requires a three-button mouse.…Now, if you have a laptop with a touchpad…or maybe a Macintosh with a one or a two-button mouse,…you're going to have a rough time,…so go out and get yourself a three-button mouse.…Now, with that in mind,…let's go ahead and take a look…at how to use those three buttons.…Navigation in Maya is a combination of one keyboard key…and one mouse button.…
If you hold down Alt and left click,…you can orbit the scene.…So here I am left clicking and dragging…and I'm orbiting the scene.…Now you'll notice that if I go left and right,…it orbits left and right,…and if I go up and down,…it tilts the camera up and down.…Now the next control is the middle mouse button.…So if I hold down Alt and middle click,…I can pan the scene.…
So left click, orbit.…Middle click, pan.…Now, the right click is camera truck.…So basically it moves the camera forwards or away,…so if I were to truck all the way out,…you can see the scene here.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.