Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving and trimming shots, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…Editing in the Camera Sequencer is pretty intuitive, although there are…a couple of quirks that you'll want to look out for.…The first thing I want to do is just to make sure I get…playback in this lower right-hand panel, so I'll choose View > View Sequence Time.…The top row of numbers on each shot represent the…start and end times of that shot in animation time.…So, shot number two, for example, starts on frame 91 in the…animation timeline, and ends on frame 120.…The easiest way to change the duration of a shot is to just simply select it,…and then hover your mouse over one of the numbers on the upper right or upper left.…
And your cursor will turn into a razor knife.…And just click and drag.…And I'm cropping that shot to make it end sooner in animation time.…So now it actually ends at frame 100.…Now if I press play, what we will see after that shot is…in this gap here, playback kind of jumps forward.…So, because there's no information here, mine just skipped forward.…But if we tried to play blast this, that might not be what we see.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.