Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving the Camera and Aim, part of Cinematography in Maya.
…Now that we've scaled the locator so the camera is…large enough to see relative to other objects, we can go…ahead and put the camera in a panel, and then…move the camera and its aim point to frame a shot.…Before we do, I want to point out…something important, which is that the camera…and its aim are inside a special group, and of course groups are invisible.…And what we want to do is just make sure that we don't move the group.…Now let me show you why.…I'm going to go into the outliner, Window > Outliner.…We'll scroll down to the bottom, and you'll see camera1_group.…
Let me open that up.…And you'll see it has two members, camera1 and camera1_aim.…When we move the camera, we want to move the…camera at its aim point, but not the group.…And here's why.…If I select the group, and then use the…move tool, then I can position that camera somewhere.…And you can see now I've moved it to 688…units away from the origin.…So, the absolute position of the camera is about 600 units away in X.…But, if I select camera1 node down here, then…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.