Become familiar with the Graph Editor in Maya. In this video, George presents an overview of the Graph Editor in Maya. He discusses the basic interface, and then shows ways to edit animation by manipulating the animation curves. He goes over the various tangent types available for animation curves and how to manipulate those curves.
- [Narrator] If you need more precise control…over animation, you can go to the Graph Editor,…which will show you the animation curves of your objects.…So, let's take a look at this scene here.…I have this rocket ship,…and it's just animating left to right.…We have a total of three sets of key frames.…Now, we can go into the Graph Editor by going into Windows,…Animation Editors, Graph Editor.…Now what this does is it shows you all of the…Animation curves for that object.…
Now, if they're not showing up for you,…go ahead and hit the letter 'F',…which is the hotkey for Frame All.…Now, the Graph Editor allows you to view all of the…animation curves for your object that's selected,…so if I deselect it, those curves go away.…If I select it, we can see those curves.…And then we can step through and show…one or more animation curves.…So, for example, I'm not scaling this,…so all of these curves are flat.…
But things, such as Translate, do have animation curves.…So, let's take a look at one of these.…I'm going to select the Translate Y animation curve.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.