Understand and learn about the Dope Sheet in Maya. In this video, George presents an overview of the Dope Sheet in Maya. He discusses the basic interface, and then shows ways to edit animation by manipulating keys. He goes over how to select and adjust keys using the Dope Sheet and how to move blocks of keys or individual attributes.
- [Instructor] Another way to manipulate animation…is to use the dope sheet.…Now, this allows you to manipulate individual attributes…or groups of attributes,…but it does not allow you view curves,…so it lies somewhere between the timeline…and the graph editor.…So let's take a look at how this works.…We can find this under Windows,…Animation Editors, Dope Sheet,…and when I bring it up,…it brings up this graphical interface.…Now if I click on an object, such as this rocket,…you'll see that it has keys here…that match the keys on the timeline.…
So we have keys here at one, 25, and 50.…Now one of the neat things about the dope sheet…is that it also allows you to get quickly…into the graph editor.…So up here at the top right-hand corner,…you'll see these two buttons.…One of 'em looks like a little graph.…And if I click on that,…it immediately brings me into the graph editor.…If I click on this little grid shape icon,…it brings me back to the dope sheet.…So this is a great way to toggle back and forth…between those two interfaces.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.