Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling workflows, part of Maya: Advanced Modeling.
- [Instructor] In 3D modeling…and especially in 3D modeling in Maya,…there are 50 different methods, numerous tools,…and different techniques to create a single model,…maybe more.…All of these methods of creating the models…are actually correct if in the end…the model fits the need that it was created for.…But the overall workflow you use to create a model…can make the experience either fun or terrible.…Again, you can get to the end result in many different ways,…but having that being an enjoyable experience…is usually better for you as a 3D artist.…
So let's talk about different big picture workflows…for 3D modeling of objects.…I group these workflows into three different types…when I create models.…The first is hard surface simple,…where we block in our basic shapes and then detail.…The second is hard surface complex,…where we'll block in the shapes,…section off the model, detail the sections,…duplicate the detailed sections, and then finish the model.…The third is organic, where we'll block the basic shape,…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.