Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling tools: Polygons, part of Maya: Advanced Modeling.
- [Narrator] So I want to take a few minutes to look at…the primary modeling tools found in Maya.…Now this will not be a full exploratory video…just on all of the modeling tools inside of Maya,…but I did want to go over what the basic tools are…that I use primarily when modeling either polygons…or NURBs.…So the first thing I'm going to do is come over to the right…and choose the modeling toolkit.…This is actually a place that has almost all…of the tools that you'll need and Maya has them in one…nice, neat little area.…
Now for my work view I typically like to drag this tab off…and put it right beside my channel box…in my attribute editor so that I still have access…to getting to specific channels and to my display layers…and having access to my modeling toolkit.…So the first tools that I want to talk about is the difference…between smoothing and sub-dividing and actually dividing…your object.…I have two cubes here on screen and I'm going to select…the first and just choose add divisions.…
When you choose this you'll get a little pop-up window…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.