- [Instructor] The next tool we're going to show you…is actually going to be a NURBS tool…for creating shapes along curves.…So I have a NURBS circle and a curve drawn out by hand here…in a spiral shape.…I want to create a circular shape…that is extruded along this particular spiral curve.…I'll start by selecting the circle first…then shift-selecting the curve,…go to "surfaces", "extrude",…and just open up the dialogue box to start with.…
I typically don't change these options,…I'll change them after the fact,…once the shape has been created.…So, we're going to hit "apply", and we'll see a shape…of a circular surface being extruded along the entire curve.…Now, the nice part about this,…is that we can come into the original curve…and make changes to it live…to the shape that's being created.…The last is revolve.…Let me hide this particular shape here.…
And what we have here is a curve…that is actually created to look similar to a vase.…And what I would like to do…is just wrap this particular shape around itself…to create a shape.…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.