In this video, I'll model a pry bar to go along with the sledgehammer. …We often need to see tools and things around the game environment, whether they're there …as simply objects or we can pick them up and use them. …For the pry bar, I need to start out with some kind of six-sided piece, and it needs to have …a curve at the end. …What really happens is they start out with an extruded piece of steel, bend it, and then …smash the end flat and cut in a notch here for pulling out nails. …I'm going to treat it slightly differently, but fairly close, in that I'll start with …the curved form first, as I can make this easily and then extrude the straight piece out.…
Looking at the reference, we can see that there's an orientation of the facet. …We need to be able to grip a flat side and that will be key in how I make it. …We've got different kind of pry bars available, and this one is a straight pry bar, …not nearly as exciting as the hook one I'm going to make, but still noteworthy in how …it's worn and also where that flat side is. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.