Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling nCloth garments, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
A final note about optimization, and this is a really important one.…When you are modeling nCloth objects, you need to follow certain rules, so that…you don't have problems later down the line, especially when you're going to be…clothing an animated character.…I have made this simple robe here for this character,…and I just want to point out to you how I've tried to observe the same rules in…modeling this that you would observe when modeling a character if you're going…to be using subdivision surfaces.…
I have got the 3 key, or smooth mesh preview enabled here. I'll press the 1 key…so we can see the original base mesh.…Just like when you're modeling a character, you want to try to use all…quadrilaterals throughout.…You want to try to avoid triangles, and try to avoid n-gons, which are polygons…with more than four sides.…You won't be able to completely avoid triangles; as you'll see here, I have got a…few of them scattered around.…Those triangles are there to try to fit quadrilaterals together, and to make a…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.