In this video I'll look at modeling an aluminum ladder. …There are different kinds available. …We got an aluminum extension ladder driven by a rope here. …There is also a ladder like this, which appears to be an extension possibly either by a rope or by clamps. …Finally, here's a cleaner version of it. …This one probably has levers or something that locks it into place as it extends. …My thought is, if I can put this in a game environment, aside from filling up space, …it's a clue for the player maybe to go up somewhere. Maybe the tools are up on a roof …as an example, and we need to go up to get the tools to solve our next task.…
It's also a good thing to have, as it's got really interesting geometry. …We can use it as a way to block texture seams in other objects such as the sides and backs of buildings. …A ladder like this lends itself nicely to a texture sheet. As we can see, it's essentially two textures. …There's a side which repeats and has the flanges where the rungs have been put through, and …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.