In this chapter I'll look at modeling furniture for use as Game Props.…We can model rooms fairly easily, but really, if you look at a room there is--well--…a lot of stuff in it, and it's not necessarily very special things but simply…the stuff that's there's the function of the room.…As an example, if I walk into a house, most likely I am going to see some kind of dining area.…If I walk into an office I'll probably see a desk and chairs, that sort of thing.…Additionally, if we're dealing a place that's maybe abandoned or run down, we…might see furniture that's strewn around.…
And we need to make pieces in order to have debris.…It's very easy for an environment in a game to look really empty unless we fill it up with stuff.…And we want to do so in a way that is matching the theme of the game.…What I'll show how to model then is a wooden chair here, and I have got two…different examples, a standard ladder back, and also one that's bent.…There is all kinds of regional variations of these.…But the basic idea is we have got some place to sit, and it's made of wood, and it's…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.