Define polygon mesh attributes for a liquid surface.
- [Voiceover] Alright that's all about caches.…Now, let's talk about meshing.…And that's going to be found in the shape node.…Open up the domain container,…and select the shape node,…which is labeled liquid one.…And in the attribute editor,…we can access the bi frost shape attributes.…Scroll down, you're looking for a section labeled…bi frost meshing.…Open that up.…And it's currently disabled.…As long as this is disabled,…then the bi frost liquid one mesh object here,…has no polygons.…
And you may occasionally get error messages,…saying the object has no polygons.…It's not a problem.…We can enable bi frost meshing,…and that creates polygons inside…the bi frost liquid mesh object.…And we can see, in our view…that there is a ghostly outline here.…We can select that mesh object,…and change its material.…Back in the attribute editor,…we can see it's been automatically assigned…bi frost liquid material one.…And that's got transparency,…and all kinds of fancy stuff.…
For testing purposes, let's just assign it…a Lambert shader.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.