Maya’s new Type tool allows you to easily create text in any font, with proper kerning and leading. This video shows how to create type and also how to turn that type into polygonal geometry by using extrudes. These shapes can be refined using preset and user-defined bevels. The video also shows how to use Maya’s Type Manipulator.
- [Voiceover] One of the nicer new features of Maya's…modeling tools is the ability to create type,…and this is a much more sophisticated way…than the previous text tool.…So let's take a look at how this works.…We can create type under Create.…We go Create, Type, and then it just brings in…some default text here,…and throws you into the attribute editor.…Now if we want, we can scroll over…to the type node here,…and then this will allow us to change the type,…so if we want, we can change the text…to whatever we want.…
We can change the font to whatever we want.…Here let me zoom out here.…So we can change the font to whatever we want.…We can change the alignment,…so we can center it, we can right or left align it,…and then we can play with stuff such as the font size,…the tracking, the kerning, a little bit different.…If you have multiple pieces of text,…you'll have leading, and then we also have what's called…space width, which is also connected to leading.…
And then we also have this thing…called the type manipulator,…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.