AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing projects assets
- Versioning scenes
- Importing, exporting, and sending scenes to other applications
- Referencing files
- Populating a master scene with assembly references
- Loading and unloading modules
- Setting options for new scenes
- Customizing Maya's interface
Skill Level Beginner
- [Aaron] Welcome to Maya Tips and Tricks. My name is Aaron F. Ross. The goal of this course is to familiarize you with essential methods for file management, customization, and interoperability with other programs. Some of the topics we'll discuss include working with project folders and dependent files, customizing the Maya user interface, controlling scale, units of measurement, and grid options, listing and defining hot keys, creating scene references and proxies, optimizing performance with Alembic Pipeline Cache files, and laying out heavy scenes with Scene Assembly.
Let's explore this astounding 3D package in Maya Tips and Tricks.
Maya: Character Rigging (2012)with George Maestri4h 37m Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Asset Management
2. Customizing the Interface
3. User Preferences
4. Working with Scenes
5. Referencing and Scene Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.