Maya Essentials 6: Lights and Rendering
This installment of Maya Essentials covers the basics of rendering and lighting tools in Autodesk Maya. Author George Maestri goes over the standard renderers and lighting types, and then goes into features such as render layers and advanced lighting. In particular, the course shows how to manipulate lights, add depth of field, and create bokeh effects and reflections—giving your scene just the atmosphere and drama you want.
- Adjusting the Render Settings menu
- Adding depth map and raytrace shadows
- Understanding the principle of light decay
- Creating cameras
- Using Motion Blur in Maya and mental ray
- Using Final Gather for natural illumination
- Rendering transparent materials with caustics
- Batching rendering
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri, and welcome to Maya Essentials 6, Lights and Rendering. In this course we're first going to go over the Render Settings menu, and also show you some of the differences between the Maya software renderer and Mental Ray. Then we're going to go through some lights and lighting. We're going to understand light types as well as things such as shadows and light decay. After that we're going to go through cameras. We're going to create some cameras, we're going to add depth of field, and also do some motion blur.
And finally we're going to go a little bit deeper into Mental Ray and show you some of the advanced lighting features of that renderer. We're going to use Final Gather for natural lighting, we're going to turn objects into light sources, and we're going to render some transparent materials with caustics. Let's go ahead and get started with Maya Essentials 6, Lights and Rendering.
Maya Essentials 5: Animation Tools122,023 Views
Maya Essentials 3: NURBS Modeling Techniques152,080 Views
Modeling Vehicles in Maya127,408 Views
Creating Textures and Shaders in Maya157,324 Views
Maya 2014 New Features59,981 Views
Maya 2015 Essential Training646,805 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views
Character Rigging in Maya424,183 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,736,183 Views