- View Offline
- Understanding the basic materials
- Creating and applying maps
- Working with the Hypershade window
- Using bitmaps as textures
- Creating reflections
- Using bump vs. displacement mapping
- Projecting textures on surfaces
- UV mapping a complex object
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm George Maestri and welcome to Maya Essentials 4 Creating Textures and Materials. In this course, we're going to go over the basics of creating materials and applying textures in Maya. We're going to go through some tools, such as the hypershade window, and IPR, which will let you render interactively. Then we're going to go through and refine materials. We're going to understand how to use bit maps as textures. We're going to understand some of the features of each material, such as transparency, specularity, and reflections.
And finally, we're going to apply textures to surfaces. We're going to do some simple projections, and then we're going to do some sophisticated UV mapping. Let's go ahead and get started with Maya Essentials 4 Creating Textures and Materials.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.