Maya Essentials 4: Creating Textures and Materials
Materials define how the surface of 3D objects appear and lend them color, transparency, and texture that allow you to view the characteristics of a surface. This course introduces the basics of creating materials in Maya. Author George Maestri presents the basic material types as well as how to apply and align bitmap textures. He also discusses the concepts behind transparency, specularity, and reflectivity, which impact the appearance and light receptiveness of materials.
- Understanding the basic materials
- Creating and applying maps
- Working with the Hypershade window
- Using bitmaps as textures
- Creating reflections
- Using bump vs. displacement mapping
- Projecting textures on surfaces
- UV mapping a complex object
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm George Maestri and welcome to Maya Essentials 4 Creating Textures and Materials. In this course, we're going to go over the basics of creating materials and applying textures in Maya. We're going to go through some tools, such as the hypershade window, and IPR, which will let you render interactively. Then we're going to go through and refine materials. We're going to understand how to use bit maps as textures. We're going to understand some of the features of each material, such as transparency, specularity, and reflections.
And finally, we're going to apply textures to surfaces. We're going to do some simple projections, and then we're going to do some sophisticated UV mapping. Let's go ahead and get started with Maya Essentials 4 Creating Textures and Materials.
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Maya208,960 Views
Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data269,353 Views
CINEMA 4D Essentials 4: Materials, Texturing, and Lights133,072 Views
CINEMA 4D Essentials 5: Rendering and Compositing69,566 Views
CINEMA 4D Essentials 6: HyperNURB Modeling and Sculpting63,218 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
Maya 2015 Essential Training626,323 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views