Maya Essentials 3: NURBS Modeling Techniques
NURBS, or non-uniform rational basis splines, are part of a 3D graphics modeling strategy used to generate curves and surfaces that are smoother than is possible with polygons. NURBS Modeling Techniques provides a thorough introduction to this modeling toolkit. The course explains the basic theory behind NURBS, starting with NURBS primitives and sculpting surfaces, and then through the modeling tools (Trim, Stitch, Project, and more) used to refine NURBS models in Maya. Author George Maestri also cover techniques from using insert isoparms to add detail, to creating arcs and text, to converting NURBS to polygons.
- Creating NURBS primitives
- Manipulating NURBS surfaces and curves
- Detaching NURBS surfaces
- Creating Bezier curves, arcs, and text
- Opening and closing NURBS curves
- Duplicating curves
- Working with the Resolve, Loft, Extrude, and Planar commands
- Creating curves on a surface
- Trimming surfaces
- Working with NURBS Booleans
- Hi! I'm George Maestri and welcome to Maya Essentials 3 NURBS modeling Techniques. In this course we're gonna go over NURBS surface modeling in Maya. Now, a NURBS surface is basically a curved surface defined by patches. We're going to start off in the course by looking at how to create NURBS primitives and edit basic NURBS objects. After that, we'll take a look at NURBS curves, which can in turn be used to create NURBS surfaces. We're gonna learn how to create curves on surfaces, we're going to trim surfaces, and we're also gonna learn how to stitch surfaces together.
So with that, let's get started with Maya Essentials 3 NURBS modeling Techniques.
Maya Essentials 5: Animation Tools117,494 Views
Maya Essentials 6: Lights and Rendering108,438 Views
Maya 2014 New Features59,000 Views
Modeling Vehicles in Maya121,310 Views
Game Character Creation in Maya136,201 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Maya 2015 Essential Training626,323 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
Maya Essentials 2: Polygonal Modeling Techniques339,057 Views
Character Rigging in Maya402,472 Views