- Creating and modifying polygonal objects
- Editing with reflection
- Smoothing objects
- Keeping faces together
- Using the Polygon Bridge tool
- Selecting and editing edge loops
- Spinning edges
- Working with objects history
- Modeling symmetrically
- Merging vertices
- Combining objects
- Using the Crease tool
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] I'm George Maestri, and welcome to Maya Essentials 2, POLYGONAL MODELING TECHNIQUES. In this course we're going to go over some of the basics of polygonal modeling techniques in Maya. We're going to show you how to create some basic polygonal objects and modify them using Soft Select and we're also going to take a look at subdivision surfaces. After that, we're going to start using some more advanced tools such as the extrude tool and the bevel tool. We're also going to show you how to cut faces and split polygons.
We're going to work with edge loops, which are ways to create and organize the detail in your model. Finally after that we're going to discuss a couple of other additional tools such as booleans and lattices. Let's get started with Maya Essentials 2, POLYGONAL MODELING TECHNIQUES.
1. Polygonal Modeling Tools
2. Editing Polygonal Models
3. Working with Edge Loops
4. Refining Polygonal Models
5. Additional Polygonal Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.