- Configuring your computer to work best with Maya
- Setting preferences
- Enabling plug-ins
- Using the Hotbox
- Using the Move tool
- Manipulating pivots
- Understanding the Channel Box
- Creating hierarchies
- Hiding and showing objects
- Working with selection masks
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri and welcome to Maya Essentials 1 Interface and Organization. In this first course, we'll go over the basic interface of Maya. We'll also go through how to navigate, how to configure Maya Viewports and so on. And then we'll get into manipulating objects. We'll show you how to select objects, how to use the move tool, as well as rotate and scale objects. And finally, we'll talk a little bit about organization.
How to name objects, how to work with the Outliner and the Hypergraph, as well as creating layers and selection masks. Let's go ahead and get started with Maya Essentials 1 Interface and Organization.
Maya Essentials 5: Animation Toolswith George Maestri1h 20m Beginner
1. Setting Up Maya
2. Understanding the Maya Interface
3. Manipulating Objects
4. Staying Organized
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.