- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
- [Andy] Hi, my name's Andy Beane, and welcome to my Advanced Maya Modeling course. Throughout this course, we'll cover a lot of advanced modeling techniques and tools in Maya, but I'm not going to lie, it would be impossible to talk about every tool and every method available to model shapes in Maya. We will look at the importance of reference. We'll also cover the three modeling work flows I use for hard surface simple objects, hard surface complex objects, and organic modeling. We'll finish our project with cleaning up our Maya files and bringing all of the individual objects back together to create our large final project.
By the end of this course, you should have a working knowledge of how to approach modeling any shape in Maya, simple to complex, with confidence. I look forward to sharing these advanced work flow methods with you. So let's get started.
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.