- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
- [George] Hi, I'm George Maesti, and welcome to the course. Autodesk Maya is a really great 3D modeling, rendering, and animation application that's used in film, games, and visualization. In this course, we're going to give you a complete overview of Maya. We'll start off with the Maya interface and then show you how to select and manipulate objects in Maya. Then, we'll create our own objects by doing polygonal modeling and then NURBS space modeling. After that, we're going to add color and texture to our models and then render them.
This course will cover the Maya software renderer as well as the new Arnold Renderer. And finally, we'll show you how to use some basic animation in Maya, so let's go ahead and get started with the course.
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.