Add a gobo filter to mask a spot light.
- [Narrator] We can now finalize the look of our key light,…it's going to represent sunlight coming through a window…behind the camera.…And we want to achieve the effect of two swathes of light,…as if they were coming through two window panes.…Just like this window here.…This effect is easily done with a Gobo filter…and a ramp texture.…A Gobo, or cookie, is a cut out shape,…placed inside a theatrical, or film lighting instrument…to cast shadows onto the set.…
Let's select the spotlight, which is the arrow,…and go to it's attributes, control A.…Open up the Arnold attributes,…and scroll down to the bottom,…you're looking for light filters.…You've got a big field here, which is a list of all…light filters that are connected to the current light.…And it's empty, because we don't have any yet.…We can add a light filter by clicking the add button,…or by using this pull-down list.…Click on the down facing arrow,…and choose AI Gobo,…now a Gobo filter has been created,…and that node is connected to the current light.…
Let's access that Gobo's attributes,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Arnold rendering concepts
- Lighting with Maya and Arnold lights
- Controlling exposure
- Filtering light with Gobo
- Light attenuation with Decay
- Image-based lighting with Skydome
- Exterior daylight with Physical Sky
- Arnold Standard Surface material attributes
- Mapping material attributes
- Rendering refractions
- Mesh subdivision and displacement at render time
- Shading effects such as ambient occlusion and vertex color
- Camera effects such as fisheye and depth of field
- Animation image sequence rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Studio Lighting
3. Natural and Environmental Lighting
4. Materials and Mapping
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.