Map Bifrost attributes to shading attributes.
- [Voiceover] Now we've got the information that we need…in order to build an interesting shading network…with curvature, churn and vorticity all combined.…Let's start with just the vorticity…and see what that looks like.…Open up the hypershade,…and in our shading network once again,…we've got the layered shader inputs.…And under input zero,…we wanna plug something into transparency here.…And that is going to be a mental ray texture.…Go into the create section,…under mental ray, textures,…and you'll see some bifrost nodes at the top.…
The one we want is bifrost scaler channel.…That's a single floating point number such as vorticity.…Okay, so click on bifrost scaler channel,…and that node is created and all it really has…is an out value.…Over in the property editor we see there is a default field…that says zero and then a channel field that says nothing.…We need to type in the name of the channel we wish to use,…and that is vorticity.…V-O-R-T-I-C-I-T-Y.…
And likewise, let's change the name of this node, too.…So I'll select that and then paste it in up here…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Particle and Fire Effects with Mayawith Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Creating Simulations in Maya Dynamicswith Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.