Learn how to add moving detail to mist.
- Our final production task for the project…is to create a Volume Noise Texture…to mask off the density of the Aero Material.…Open up the Hypershade, clear out whatever's in the graph,…and then in the Materials, we can drag over…the Bifrost Aero.…We've got some swatches up here, maybe change their size,…investigate what we have.…Here's Bifrist Aero Material, I can middle mouse…drag that over.…Now let's map the Density Scale right here.…
Go over into the Create bin, and go to Maya 3D Textures…and create a Volume Noise.…We could take that and map it directly into…the Density Scale, as seen here,…but it will look better if we pipe it through…a Remap Value node.…First, let's change up the settings…for the Volume Noise effect itself.…Select that node, and in it's Properties,…let's now create a wispy, mist effect.…Down in the Noise Type, change that up to Wispy.…
The Ratio is the strength of each successive iteration.…Turn that all the way up to one.…Frequency Ratio is the scale of each iteration.…Turn that up a bit to 2.286.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.