Learn how to assign textures and control transparency.
- [Narrator] Let's look at mapping…the AI standard material…with special attention paid to opacity.…My flowers are a Paint Effects brush converted to polygons,…and there is an opacity map for the leaves.…Select the leaves and right click,…and choose Assign New Material,…and from the Assign New Material dialogue…choose Arnold, Shader, and click AI Standard.…
In the Attribute Editor rename it leaves.…Next, assign the diffuse color.…In the diffuse color slot, click Create Render Node.…It's a file node, so click File,…and then browse for the image in the current project,…sourceimages, choose leafSerrate.tif,…and notice that there is an alpha channel here,…so the leaf is transparent against the interface.…
Click Open, and now our diffuse channel has been mapped.…We won't really be able to see that in the viewport,…so let's go into Arnold, Arnold RenderView,…and we've got our leaf applied,…but the alpha channel is not being applied.…To make that connection,…we'll need to go into the Hypershade.…Click on Hypershade.…In the Hypershade, let's graph the network…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Arnold rendering concepts
- Lighting with Maya and Arnold lights
- Controlling exposure
- Filtering light with Barndoor and Gobo
- Light attenuation with decay
- Image-based lighting with SkyDome
- Exterior daylight with Physical Sky
- Arnold standard material attributes
- Mapping material attributes
- Rendering refractions
- Mesh subdivision and displacement at render time
- Shading effects such as ambient occlusion and vertex color
- Camera effects such as fisheye and depth of field
- Animation image sequence rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering refraction4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.