Understand the concept of lattice deformers and use those as a modeling tool in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George demonstrates how to use them to reshape and deform a mesh. He shows how to position and change the resolution of the lattice as well as how to reshape the lattice to affect the underlying model.
- [Instructor] When you model in Maya,…you often go through multiple steps to create…the shape that you want.…Maya remembers these steps and it creates a running history…of your object.…Now you can use this history to your advantage…to affect things after they've been modified.…Now, let's take a look at how that works.…So, I'm going to go ahead and select everything in this scene,…this chair, let's hide it by going control H,…and let's go ahead and just create a simple polygonal cube.…
And I'm going to go here in my channel box…under the poly cube four input,…and let's go ahead and increase some sub divisions…in height and depth.…And then I'm going to go ahead…and select some of these faces here,…and we can extrude by going control E,…and maybe we extrude in.…So I'm going to scale that down and move it in a little bit,…and then maybe add in some divisions.…
So I've got some history on this,…and if we go into object mode we can select that,…if we go over to our channel box…you see under inputs,…we have the original cube,…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.