Learn about the concept of lattice deformers and use them as a modeling tool in Maya 2018. In this instructional video, George demonstrates how to use them to reshape and deform a mesh. He shows you how to position and change the resolution of the lattice, as well as how to reshape the lattice to affect the underlying model.
- [Instructor] When you model in Maya,…you often go through multiple steps to create…the shape that you want.…Maya remembers these steps and it creates…a running history of your object.…Now you can use this history to your advantage…to affect things after they've been modified.…Now let's take a look at how that works.…So I'm going to go ahead and select everything in the scene,…this chair, let's hide it by going control h.…And let's go ahead and create a simple polygonal cube.…
And I'm going to go here in my Channel box…under the polyCubed4 input and let's go ahead…and increase some subdivisions in height and depth.…Then I'm going to go ahead and select…some of these faces here and we can extrude…by going control e.…Maybe extrude n.…I'm going to scale that down and move it in a little bit…and then maybe add in some divisions.…
So I've got some history on this…and if we go into object mode, we can select that,…and we go over to our Channel box,…you see under Inputs we have the original cube…and then we have the extrude.…
First explore the basics of the Maya interface, including selecting and manipulating objects, organizing scenes, and customizing the interface. Next, learn about polygonal modeling, creating and refining meshes, sculpting, and working with NURBS surfaces. Once you understand modeling, discover how to create and apply materials—adding color, texture, and reflectivity to your creations. Then integrate cameras, lighting, and effects into the rendering process, and leverage the new Arnold for Maya renderer. Last but not least, instructor show how to add movement and life to your work with Maya's animation tools.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.