Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a key light, part of Digital Creature Creation in ZBrush Photoshop and Maya.
Setting up lights for a 3D scene can seem like a daunting task.…It can be technically complicated and artistically you might not be sure what…kind of result you even want.…I'll cover not only how to set things up technically, but also describe some…ways of thinking about lighting that can give you a clear direction to follow.…The most important thing to keep in mind is that every light you create should…have a purpose, either an artistic purpose to create a particular visual effect,…or a technical purpose to generate realistically believable lighting.…Before touching the Lighting tools in Maya, let's first look at a few pictures…to help us get an idea of what we want to create.…
I want to render the Dewhopper in a way that makes him look like he is living…in a natural habitat.…He lives in the hot dry desert, so I found photos of real lizards in similar…settings in order to get a better sense of what I could do with the lighting.…Looking at these pictures, they're all taken on a bright sunny day.…
- Brainstorming and refining a character concept
- Installing custom brushes
- Optimizing tablet settings
- Posing the ZSpheres in ZBrush
- Sculpting muscles and midsize shapes
- Working with DynaMesh
- Using GoZ between ZBrush and Maya
- Creating topology for animation
- Sculpting fine detail
- Cleaning up a mesh in Maya
- Creating the UV layout
- Lighting and shading
- Painting texture maps
- Posing with Transpose tools in ZBrush
- Batch rendering a turntable animation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing Your Workspace
2. Designing the Creature
3. Basic Sculpting in ZBrush
4. Basic Modeling in Maya
5. Creating Topology for Animation
6. Creating the UV Layout
7. Creating a Pedestal Environment
8. Lighting and Shading
10. Posing the Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.