Understand how to maintain texture scale in Maya's UV Editor. In this video, George demonstrates ways to ensure that your textures remain consistent across multiple mapping types. He shows how to visualize scale easily in the UV Editor.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at one more thing…with UV editing and that's understanding…the scale of the texture itself.…Now when you start to create UV maps,…you want to make sure that the same material or same image…is textured at the same scale throughout the scene.…So here I have this simple kind of a T-shaped pipe…and if we look at this material,…it's kind of a metal material,…you'll see that it's a lot grainier up here.…
It's a lot finer down here.…And it really doesn't make much sense in terms of scale,…and so this does not look very cohesive.…So let's select our object and go into the UV editor…and kind of diagnose what's going on.…So in the UV editor you'll see that we have…a bunch of shells here.…I've got a shell for the bottom part of this,…I've got a shell here for this top part.…And as you can see they're kind of different scales…and they're kind of all over the map.…
Now one of the things I like to do when texturing…is to make sure that these are the same scale.…Now sometimes you can't see whether or not…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.