Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading the Bullet plugins, part of Maya: Dynamic Simulations with Bullet Physics.
…If you open a Maya scene that includes some bullet component,…than Maya will know to automatically load the bullet plug in.…However, if you're starting from scratch, you'll need to load the plugin manually in…order to get access to the bullet menu up here.…So let's enable the bullet plugin.…Go to the window menu and choose Settings Preferences, Plugin manager.…And you might need to scroll down a bit to find the bullet plugin.…You can turn it on by clicking load.…And as soon as you do that you'll see the menu up here.…
You can also enable auto load, so…that the next time you launch Maya the bullet plugin will load automatically.…Up here at the top you'll also see ABC bullet.…That's the Alembic plugin for bullets, so that you can import and…export Alembic cache files.…And we might as well just turn load and auto-load on for that as well.…And now as you can see, once again we have the bullet menu available…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Loading the Bullet plugins
- Creating static and dynamic bodies
- Adjusting solver attributes
- Integrating keyframes
- Creating and transforming constraints
- Creating rigid sets
- Holding set members together with a Glue constraint
- Creating soft bodies
- Baking a soft-body simulation
- Inflating a soft body with Pressure
Skill Level Advanced
1. Bullet Rigid Body Dynamics
2. Integrating Keyframes with Dynamics
3. Bullet Rigid Body Constraints
4. Bullet Rigid Sets
5. Bullet Soft Body Dynamics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.