Find the names of active Bitfrost channels.
- [Voiceover] We've got our foam and water connected…to the layered shader, now we need a mask…to determine the transparency on input zero.…And that will mask off some of the foam,…allowing the water material to show through.…We can use Bifrost channels to do that.…We should find out what Bifrost channels exist…in the current simulation.…So we'll need to use the Script Editor to do that.…I'm going to minimize Hypershade.…We previously disabled the Bifrost simulation…once we loaded our alembic mesh in,…we didn't need to calculate the simulation any more.…
But to find these channel names,…we actually have to re-enable the Bifrost sim.…Go into the outliner, Windows Outliner,…and select the domain solver bifrostLiquid1.…In the Channel box, go into its shapes,…and re-enable it, but be very careful before you do this,…you want to rewind back to the beginning of the animation,…give that a moment to update,…and then we can turn Enable back on again.…Set Enable to one, press Enter,…and we need to load in the Bifrost cache…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.