Join Mark Lefitz for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting with low quality settings and proxies, part of Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke (2012).
Rendering multiple test renders when lighting takes a lot of time.…Here are some workflow tips to help you speed up that process.…Let's go ahead and open up our Render Settings window.…Down in the Image Size, we're rendering HD 720.…I don't want to do test renders in this size.…What I want to do is render something about half that, or a third of that; make…the process a lot quicker.…What we want to do is let's close out of our Render Settings window, and this time…we're going to open up our Render View.…
Under Options > Test Resolution, I've selected 50%.…So I'm going to be rendering 50% of whatever is in my Render Settings window.…We're going to be rendering 50% of HD 720.…Let's go ahead and do a quick render; see what we get.…Let's move our Render View off to the side, and let's open up our Render…Settings window again,…and this time we're going to go to our Quality tab.…First thing we want to do is we want to set our Sampling mode to something like Custom.…
That way, our Min Sample, and our Max Sample can now be adjusted independently of each other.…
- Understanding image-based lighting
- Analyzing and color correcting the background plate
- Creating a 3D camera to match the plate
- Lighting with low-quality settings and proxies
- Setting light samples
- Setting up render passes
- Rendering mattes ground shadow, and occlusions passes
- Adding gamma correction in Nuke
- Adding the object to the plate and rendering the final composite
- Retouching the composite using Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. Image-Based Lighting
Correcting the HDRI5m 22s
2. Asset Integration
4. mental ray Rendering
5. Creating Secondary Passes
6. Compositing the Rendered Passes in Nuke
7. Final Touch-Ups in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.