Join Mark Lefitz for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting the body lines, part of Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke (2012).
We have our key light and our HDRI starting to get dialed in,…but looking at our render, I still want to see more body lines, and the concept…car more integrated into the plate.…What we're going to have to do is we are going to have to create couple new lights.…The first one is going to be an area light that is just going to…accentuate those body lines.…So let's minimize our render view.…Let's go into to Panels > Perspective,…then select our key light; Ctrl+H to hide.…Create > Lights > Area Light.…Hit the number 4 on our keyboard, and then the letter W. 4, just so we can…turn off hardware shading.…
Kind of easier to see it.…Lets hit E, rotate the light, and now R to scale it.…We're going to get it nice and narrow, and really long. W key, and now let's…just move into place.…Something like that.…Let's hit the spacebar.…We're going to go into the top view.…Just rotate it, so it's in line with the car.…Something like that.…Middle-mouse button, perspective view, spacebar;…now let's Look Through Selected.…
This is always very helpful.…
- Understanding image-based lighting
- Analyzing and color correcting the background plate
- Creating a 3D camera to match the plate
- Lighting with low-quality settings and proxies
- Setting light samples
- Setting up render passes
- Rendering mattes ground shadow, and occlusions passes
- Adding gamma correction in Nuke
- Adding the object to the plate and rendering the final composite
- Retouching the composite using Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. Image-Based Lighting
Correcting the HDRI5m 22s
2. Asset Integration
4. mental ray Rendering
5. Creating Secondary Passes
6. Compositing the Rendered Passes in Nuke
7. Final Touch-Ups in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.